I am not a cold weather person. If I had it my way, the temperature would never drop below 65 degrees. However, if I have to contend with chillier climes, I will take my pleasure where I can. And during the winter, I take all of that pleasure in boots. Not only do boots get you where you want to go in convenience and comfort, but they are also a commuters dream come true.
This season in particular seems to have a larger than normal myriad of lovely boots available, in a wide range of shapes, styles and colors. Whether you are an uptown princess, or a rugged gypset, there is a boot currently on the market for you. The following are a few of my personal favorites…
1. Fiorentini + Baker Nylon Boot: If the devil is in the details, then there is a veritable hell in those buttons. They like make some OCD part of myself convulse in delight at the mere thought of buttoning them up.
2. Frye Deborah Studded Boot: Motivation for these shoes: take a pixie, move it to Texas, then beat the hell out of it. These are that pixie’s shoes.
3. Mario Bologna Boot: These shoes are so structurally gorgeous, it just makes me want to scream – the metal pin-heels, the back-drop of the shaft, the vertical ribbon…it’s like I’ve died and gone to “hot shoe” heaven.
4. Juicy Couture Walker Motorcycle Boot: In terms of an all-around “rough and tumble” boot, you can’t beat this pair by Juicy. They would be cool and casual with a pair of jeans, or a tough touch to a pretty dress. The fact that they look comfy as hell doesn’t hurt, either.
5. Coclico Ndakinna Boot: A black, short boot is an essential staple of any wardrobe, in my humble opinion. This pair by Coclico is not offers a playful take with it’s toe-overlapping leather detail, but also merges the traditional wooden clog into its heel design. Wizard.
Have a personal favorite boot this season? Let me know what’s captured your eye…