1. Abandoned Six Flags – New Orleans: An incredible and rare set of photos of the abandoned Six Flags Great Adventure in New Orleans, Louisiana. Haunting, sad and lovely.
2. Dean Enslaves Students: The former dean of St. John’s University is currently in serious trouble for making terrified work-study students do things like drive her to the hair salon, empty her garbage and shovel her snow. I know I should feel enraged, but I can’t help being incredibly amused.
3. Australian Model FAIL: Australia’s Next Top Model just took home the AKWARD AWARD when host Sarah Murdoch announced the wrong winner during the live television finale. I gotta be honest: when I first heard about this, I was convinced it was a publicity stunt. But you can’t fake the look of utter horror on Sarah’s face when she realized what happened. Excruciatingly cringe-worthy.
4. Love Locks: I can’t even put into words how much I love this: LJCFYI reports on the phenomena of “love locks” on the Hohenzollern Bridge in Cologne, Germany. What are my chances trying this on the Brooklyn Bridge?
5. Hotel Creates Accidental Death Ray: Yeah, that’s EXACTLY what it sounds like: apparently the architecture of the new Vdara Hotel on the Vegas Strip emits burning beams of light. That, or George Clooney keeps flashing people from the penthouse.
6. New Nail Trends: Seriously, it’s not fair. I am cursed with tiny, breakable nails that are utterly impossible to do anything with, and these awesome new nail fashions are making me very jealous of my be-clawed peers. Enjoy, jerks!
7. The Subliminal Reassurances of Procedural Dramas: An oldie, but a goodie – Derek Powazek outlines all the ways you can die on a televised drama.
Finally, Ricky Gervais sings Elmo to sleep. And once you watch that, watch this.