1. 1908 Lens on a Digital SLR: I love anything that even vaguely resembles a mad scientific experiment, and this is no exception: acclaimed director of photography and fine artist Timur Civan straps the lens of a 102-year-old camera to a 5DmkII, and takes some haunting and lovely photos of New York City. (via NOTCOT)
3. Reconsidering What Makes Us Happy: The New York Times investigates the changing landscape on consumerism and happiness. Fascinating read.
4. Beards Through History: Technabob schools the masses on the significance facial hair has had on the foundations of our society.
5. Mushroom Month: Dang, did you know that September is National Mushroom Month? I must have missed my memo from the mushroom council. Blogher collects some wicked mushroom recipes to help you celebrate this most hallowed of seasons.
6. You Fell Asleep Watching A DVD: Ridiculous, but amusing.
7. What Type Are You?: Pentagram nails it again, with this amusing and informative video experience, à la Freud.
And finally, this incredibly catchy and funny music video about the zany world we live in today. I promise you’ll find yourself singing this in about an hour.
Have a crucial weekend!